Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting ready for school

It's official. Ava is going to start preschool next week. Joy school, to be exact. And even though we're very excited about this at our house, it also means that there is tons of planning, organizing, preparing and of course crafting to do.
Here are some things I've made so far:


The "yet to be named" mascot


The joy school house.
There will be a picture of each child in the windows when it's finished.


We've also had the ingenious idea to paint a little chalkboard on the kitchen wall. Upper part for me, lower part for Ava. Let's just say it was a BIG hit. She is constantly drawing something. I think we've already gone through a whole package of chalk and we've only had it for about a week.



Here she is drawing some bicycles. I caught them on picture about 2 seconds
before she erased it all. Got to be fast here.



Writing her name



And a smiley face

And by the way: No, I have no clue, why she is doing it all upside down, I think it's pretty funny, though.

2 comments:

  1. Garrett starts preschool next week, too. I can't believe he's old enough. Ava certainly looks ready, though. I love her artwork!

    Also, her birthday looked great! You obviously put a lot of effort into that. Go you!

    Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that last picture is the cutest thing I've ever seen. The hand positioning, OH, the hand positioning! :) She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete